Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 3- Social Class

     This week we talked about the effect social class has on families. I was surprised. It may be because my family has multiple classes within it, so I am used to all sorts of things. I enjoy sitting around a bonfire just as much as going to a black tie event. So I was surprised that so many attributed family values to social class.

     I feel that the class you are in really has little effect on your family values, what matters most is your community, who you associate with, who you spend the most time with, who your friends and family are. I feel that the values held by your community effects how successful your family is more than your social class.

     I feel the most crucial aspect whether or not your family makes it, is the level of dedication to money that you have. Money, more than anything, I feel has the potential to spiritually destroy families. This observation is drawn from the videos my class had to watch. It seemed that those to whom money mattered the most had harder family life, their values were skewed. This tended to be on both extremes of the scale, the upper and middle classes.

     Satan is really smart. He knows how to destroy one of the most important things we have, the family, through something we need for it to survive, that is, money. A family can survive without money, sure, but it cannot thrive. Everyone needs some money in order to function properly in this world. Satan knows that, and takes advantage, turning it into something people can get sucked into. That drive for money has destroyed nations, individuals, and, most tragically, entire families.

No comments:

Post a Comment